How to Become a Visionology Practitioner
- We review your credentials
- We complete our internal vetting process
- You receive an email notification of the status of our review
- We onboard you if approved
- Then you start
Visionology has a rigorous onboarding process that includes a credentialing review to ensure the safety and quality of our patient's experience.
About us and how to join
Who is eligible to join Visionology?
You need to be a Board-Certified Ophthalmologist or Optometrist. All certifications will be verified.
What is the application process to join the Visionology Medical group?
- Fill out an application in our chat window
- Then we verify your credentials
- You receive approval
- We onboard you
- Then you start seeing patients
If I elect to join the Visionology PS Group, will I be considered a full-time employee?
Each provider is hired as an independent contractor and is not a full-time employee. You will receive a 1099 annually.
What type of training do you offer?
You must complete Visionology patient and software training before you can be activated to see patients.
Does Visionology PS Group offer medical malpractice insurance?
Specific details of our policy provided upon acceptance.
Seeing patients on the Visionology platform
What type of patient visits will I provide care for on Visionology?
To start, you will be reviewing patient “medical assessment” results and determining the necessity of a proposed treatment plan.
We’ll be launching on-demand video visits for patients later this year.
What are the best practices for conducting a video visit?
- You will need access to a computer, smartphone, or tablet
- Have a strong wi-fi connection and use the latest version of Google Chrome
- Be in a well-lit, HIPAA-compliant private area
- Dress professionally
- Stay focused on the patient—no distractions or unnecessary movement
- Ask thoughtful, appropriate questions to assess the member’s chief complaints
- Wear “wireless” headphones
Do I have access to the patient's electronic medical record?
Yes, Visionology requires each patient to complete a medical history disclosure before a consultation and you will have access to it.
How is the quality of care maintained?
We’re committed to providing access to affordable and high-quality care for our patients.
Visionology has an oversight committee consisting of esteemed medical experts who offer guidance on clinical policies, quality standards, and strategic initiatives that champion improved clinical outcomes through virtual care.
Our goal and commitment is to provide the best care possible.
I have applied to be a Visionology provider and need some support. Where can I request help?
For care providers who have applied, we will update you when you’re approved. If you have any additional questions, you can chat with us by clicking the “Help” button on the bottom right of our website on the Doctors page.
What do I need to do if I need to take a break from visits?
If your schedule has changed or you need a break from visiting with patients, please let us know via the “Help” chat button
What are the benefits of joining the Visionology provider care network?
Visionology believes in the "local" doctor-patient relationship, and through our simple software interface, we are making it easier to provide affordable eye care.
- You earn money from every patient visit
- You will earn patient referrals for cataracts, glaucoma, AMD, and other types of ophthalmic patients.