Last Updated: Dec 28th, 2020
The Sites and Products are not intended for use in the event of an emergency or other urgent situations. If you believe you may have a medical emergency, call 911 or your local emergency medical system immediately.
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Third-Party Analytics
- Links to Third-Party Sites
- How We Respond to "Do not track" Signals
- International Users
- Your Choices
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Sites, fill out a form, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect from you include:
Account Information: When you register for an account on our Sites, you will need to provide us with certain Personal Information to complete the registration, including information that can be used to contact or identify you, which may include your name, email address, username, password, and phone number. We also collect other information you provide as part of registration process and the administration and personalization of your user experience, including demographic information such as your gender and age. We may combine this information with the Personal Information we collect from you.
Health Information: We may collect health information provided by you or generated through your use of the Sites. This includes details of your informational exchanges with participating health care providers and their responses, suggestions, and guidance, and interactions with our digital services.
Transaction Information: We may collect and store information about the Products you purchase and shipping and billing information. We may also collect limited payment information from you, such as payment method and payment card information; however, we do not store full payment card numbers and our third party payment processor processes all transactions.
Other Information You Choose to Provide: We may collect additional information that you provide, such as when you request technical or customer support or communicate with us.
Information We Collect When You Use the Sites
When you access or use our Sites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Usage Information: We collect information about your activity on our Sites. For example, we may collect information about how you communicate with other users (including your Providers) while using our Sites.
Log Information: We may collect log information about your use of the Sites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed and visited, and your IP address.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers may use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of our Sites are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or emails to help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and use it as contemplated herein, including to provide the Sites to and otherwise communicate with you. For example, we may receive Personal Information from Providers and other third parties, such as a referral from a physician.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Sites;
- Provide and deliver the Products and services you request, and send you related information, Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service; Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Visionology and others, and provide information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Sites; Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of and others; and carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers, including, but not limited to, hosting providers and payment processors, who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- With other users of the Sites, such as Providers with whom you request a virtual visit. If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Visionology or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; To prevent, investigate, or take action against violation of the Terms of Service;
- Between and among Visionology and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
- and With your consent or at your direction. We may also sell or share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Our Sites may contain links to other web sites. Other web sites may also reference or link to our Sites and Products. These other web sites are not controlled by Visionology. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Sites to read the privacy policies of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other web sites or mobile applications. Visiting these other web sites is at your own risk.
While Visionology takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, please be advised that when information is transmitted over the internet, it cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have “Do Not Track” or similar features that allow you to tell each website you visit that you do not want your activities on that website tracked. At present, our Sites do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals and consequently, the Sites will continue to collect information about you even if your browser’s “Do Not Track” feature is activated.
Note to International Users
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. We may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Sites.
If you have any questions about Visionology’s privacy practices, please contact us at: email@example.com.